Jun 12, 2014


BY THE BANKS OF THE RIVER

by Simeon Nkola Matamba ( Follow on Twitter )

By the banks of the river I sat
Watching endless rolling waves
Travelling with my reflection on the waters
So far for eyes to follow

I sat, hearing the humming water
Tears rolling down my cheeks
The river in me is flowing
As I think of Land beyond the river

Lightnings, thunders, winds and storms
Shaking me, threatening life
But also this river I am watching
Waves stirred by sea monsters

Darkening skies, darkening life
Lights of strength and health going off
No power for a new breath
No hope for mortals

By the banks of the river I stand
As from afar I can see
Like a dot coming closer
Finally to look like a Ball of Light

In the beginning God created the world
And His Spirit moved upon the waters
Faster than the speed of my life's light
Upon the waters it comes to take me

In Fire Ball I am wrapped
Storms, lightnings, wind smiting behind
Travelling faster than the speed of light
My condition has come to change

I crossed the river, fading memories
I have come to the Haven of rest
Sun always shining, eversweet wind
All is beauty, all is peace

By the banks of the River I sit
This River of Life I have found
This River boiling in me
And its waters the thirsty desire



                       

3 comments:

  1. This poem is simply, beautiful! Thank you Simeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welldone bro, such an inspiring poem this is, feels like entering inside that poem

    ReplyDelete